I ate this delicious cheesecake in Antwerp which had a dough made of speculoos, so I tried to do one on my own that turned out to be really great. I used Pauls recipe for New York cheesecake as a basis and reduced it for a small baking tin with a diameter of 20 cm.
170 g speculoos
60 g butter (at room temperature)
95 g sugar
190 g quark
460 g cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla sugar
1. Put the speculoos into a freezer bag or unused trash bag und crush them with a rolling pin into tiny pieces. Knead the speculoos with the butter until you have a smooth dough and roll it into the well-buttered baking tin.
2. Preheat the oven at 170 degrees and bake the dough for about 10 minutes. Let it cool down.
3. Cream sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs together. Then add the quark and the cream cheese.
4. Fill the cream into the baking tin and bake the cheese cake for about 40 minutes at 170 degrees.
5. Let it cool down and put in some hours in the fridge. It tastes best when cooled.