I made some carrot cake cupcakes with delicious vanilla icing for a friend's wedding (that's were this bridal bouquet is from). Carrot cake is my all-time favourite cake. It is so moist and although with wintry spices a great treat the whole year around.
For about 18 cupcakes:
250 ml vegetable oil
250g brown sugar
720g coarsely grated carrots
120g coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. quatre-epices (or cinnamon)
For the icing:
30g butter (at room temperature)
80g cream cheese
1/2 vanilla bean
240g icing sugar
1. Preheat oven at 200 degrees, prepare muffin pan with paper forms.
2. Beat oil, sugar eggs until thick and creamy.
3. Stir in carrots and nuts, then sifted dry ingredients.
4. Pour mixture into the pans and bake about 35 minutes.
5. Prepare the frosting and spread the frosting over the cold cupcakes.
Enjoy your cupcakes!