For 4 small gingerbread lights:
For the dough: For the decoration:
150g honey 1 egg white
125g sugar 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 egg 125g icing sugar
375g wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. cacao powder
7,5g gingerbread spices
1 heaped tsp. baking powder
Make the dough:
1. Melt honey, 100g sugar and 2 tbsp. of water until all of the sugar is dissolved.
2. Let the mixture cool down for about 10 minutes.
3. Beat the egg with 25g sugar until it gets creamy and mix it with (1.).
4. Mix wheat flour, cocoa powder, gingerbread spices and baking powder and
sift it onto the honey cream.
5. Knead everything together until you get a smooth dough.
6. Wrap it in cling film and put it for about 30 minutes into the fridge.
7. Roll out the dough and cut out 16 rectangles (about 10cm x 7cm). Use a cookie cutter of your joice
to cut out a small window in each rectangle.
8. Bake on baking paper for about 15 minutes at 175 degrees.
For the decoration:
1. Beat the egg white with the lemon juice.
2. Add the icing sugar and beat until you get a smooth paste.
3. Create one gingerbread light out of 4 rectangles and put some icing on the edges to get a snowy look.