Oh my, it's Sunday again and I nearly forgot to post this weekend's cake! It's already tiramisu time in the afternoon!
4 eggs 1 jar of cherries (= 720ml)
200g sugar 2 packages vanilla sugar
100g flour 60g cornflour
2 tsp. baking powder 500ml cream
500g mascarpone 500g quark
75ml amaretto liqueur 4 sheats of gelantine
150g sponge finger some melted chocolate for decoration
1. Beat the egg whites until they're stiff. Mix them with 100g sugar, 1 package vanilla sugar, the egg yolks, the flour, 50g corn starch and the baking powder. Bake for 25 minutes in a round baking pan (26cm).
2. Drain the cherries and cook the juice of the cherries with 10 g corn starch until it is thickened. Stirn in the cherries and let the mix cool down.
3. Cut the cake base into two and put one and a platter surrounded by cake ring. Spread the cherries on the cake base and put it in the fridge for about 60 minutes. Beat the cream with a package vanilla sugar until it is stiff.
4. Mix mascarpone, quark, 100g sugar, amaretto liqueur. Dissolve the gelantine and fold it with half of the cream in the mascarpone mix. Spread half of the mix on the cherries, put the second cake base on top and spread the rest of the mix on the top of the cake base. Put the cake for about 2 hours in the fridge.
5. Halve the sponge fingers. Remove the cake ring and use the rest of the cream as a glue to stick the sponge fingers around the cake.
6. Decorate with melted chocolate and cherries.