I love rhubarb! It is a pity that is always only available for such a short time. I made some great cupcakes wih rhubarb, almonds and marzipan which are really moist ( I love that!) and topped with a cranberry icing. Yummy!
For about 20 cupcakes:
For the dough: For the icing:
400g fresh rhubarb (cut into small pieces) 250g icing sugar
120g marzipan some water
250g butter at room temperature 2-3 tsp. of canned cranberries
a pinch of salt
1 tsp. baking powder
120g ground almonds
1. Grate the marzipan and cream it for about 5 minutes with the butter, sugar and salt.
2. Continue mixing the batter and add one egg after the other.
3. Mix the flour, cornstarch and baking powder and sift the mix before stirring it in (very shortly). Add the almonds and the rhubarb.
4. Preheat the oven at 170 degrees and bake the dough in for about 25 minutes in a cupcake tin.
5. After cooling down make the icing by adding as much water and cranberries as you like. I prefer less water and more cranberries to get a thick, pink icing.