I love madeleines so much that one time a bought a French madeleine pan and a sweet little book about madeleines in Paris. There are a million ways to pimp up the recipe but I think the simple ones are the best.
For 18 madeleines:
150g wheat flour
125g butter (at room temperature)
2 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. baking powder
1. Mix the eggs with the sugar until you get a creamy dough.
2. Add the flour and the baking powder.
3. Add eggs and milk.
4. Leave the dough for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
5. Fill the pan with the dough.
6. Preheat the oven at 220 degrees and bake the madeleines for 3-4 minutes, reduce temperature (180 degrees) and bake for 4-6 until the madeleines are golden brown.
7. Leave the madeleines to cool down (although they taste so delicious, when they are still warm and I can never resist tasting one...)